The Delta Charter Group

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Delta Charter Group
The Delta Charter Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Delta Charter Demons..

+4
jsmith
edtarv
deeboydstun
S. Lancaster
8 posters

Go down

The  Delta Charter Demons.. Empty The Delta Charter Demons..

Post  S. Lancaster Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Depending on if the words Delta Charter have to be included in the school title.. Maybe the mascot would of course be a picture of a demon (old northwestern) Colors maybe burnt orange and purple.... or red a silver.. OK its your turn...
S. Lancaster
S. Lancaster

Back to top Go down

The  Delta Charter Demons.. Empty Re: The Delta Charter Demons..

Post  deeboydstun Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:27 am

I like the colors purple and orange. Demons sounds good also, but Kristie mentioned something like Dragons.

deeboydstun

Back to top Go down

The  Delta Charter Demons.. Empty Delta Charter Bulldogs

Post  edtarv Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:27 am

Use the old Ferriday High School colors of blue and orange with a bulldog as macot.

edtarv

Back to top Go down

Post  S. Lancaster Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Craig had said the one they just did in Delhi was blue and orange... It's hard to find a color no one has used.. I think being called the Knights would be cool also..
S. Lancaster
S. Lancaster

Back to top Go down

Post  jsmith Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:56 am

What about purple, gray and white for colors? Bulldogs sounds good, but what about the Delta Charter Cougars? Just throwing around some ideas.

jsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  ejack06_05 Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:46 am

I like the Cougars! I had a dream the other night that the school had opened, and the football team were wearing there letter jackets. They were dark charcoal gray with the sky blue (LATech blue) sleeves. It looked really good!!! Just a dream though!

ejack06_05

Back to top Go down

The  Delta Charter Demons.. Empty More food for thought

Post  Mark S. Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:02 pm

More food for thought, the greek letter for Delta, Δ.

delta (del′tə)

noun

1.the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet (Δ, δ)
2.something in the shape of a delta (Δ); specif., a tract of flat land, usually triangular, formed by deposits of soil and sand at the mouth of a large river
Origin: L < Gr delta, of Sem orig., as in Heb dāleth, 4th letter of the alphabet, lit., door
adjective

1.of, in, or from the Delta: Delta blues
2.Chem. see alpha
Related Forms:

•deltaic del·ta′ic (del tā′ik) adjective
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

del·ta (dĕlˈtə)

noun
1.The fourth letter of the Greek alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
2.An object shaped like a triangle.
3.a. A usually triangular alluvial deposit at the mouth of a river.
b. A similar deposit at the mouth of a tidal inlet, caused by tidal currents.
4.Mathematics A finite increment in a variable.
Origin: Middle English, from Latin, from Greek, of Phoenician origin; see dl in Semitic roots.
Related Forms:

•deltaic del·taˈic (-tāˈĭk), delˈtic (-tĭk) adjective
Word History: A Greek letter sits at the mouth of many rivers. Noticing the resemblance between the island formed by sediment at the mouth of a river such as the Nile and the triangular shape of their letter delta (Δ), the Greeks gave the name delta to such an island. English borrowed this sense from Greek, although the word delta appeared first in English as the name of the letter, in a work written possibly around 1200. The sense “alluvial deposit” is not recorded until 1555, when delta is used with reference to the Nile River delta.
Del·ta (dĕlˈtə)

An area of the south-central United States extending on either side of the Mississippi River from Memphis, Tennessee, to Vicksburg, Mississippi. An important cotton-producing region, it is noted for its folk culture, especially as the home of the earliest blues music.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

Mark S.

Back to top Go down

Post  jsmith Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:43 pm

What about the Delta Diamondbacks (as in rattlesnake)? Being that we live where we do and have plenty it sounded good to me. can you picture homecoming shirts with our diamondback eating the rival mascot, lol. Just thought it was a little different.

jsmith

Back to top Go down

The  Delta Charter Demons.. Empty River bandits

Post  Mark S. Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Mark S.

Back to top Go down

Post  ejack06_05 Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:23 am

jsmith wrote:What about the Delta Diamondbacks (as in rattlesnake)? Being that we live where we do and have plenty it sounded good to me. can you picture homecoming shirts with our diamondback eating the rival mascot, lol. Just thought it was a little different.

I like that!!! Delta Diamondbacks.....very different

ejack06_05

Back to top Go down

The  Delta Charter Demons.. Empty How 'bout...

Post  abferguson Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:04 pm

I just wrote this on Facebook, but just off the top of my head ideas are: Crimson and Devil Dogs (i.e. Doberman Pinscher), navy and green Gators ( really like Delta Gators) or even green and gold gators, although we don't want anything to cause controversy (example: Indians) and detract from the more important issues.

abferguson

Back to top Go down

The  Delta Charter Demons.. Empty Delta Gators...

Post  abferguson Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Look at the most recent past Florida logo and think about have the Greek letter delta on the gator's sweater...I like it. Still like the controversial orange and blue bulldogs...lots of cool retro graphics out there for that one. Definitely use the Greek letter delta...may go get a shirt made tomorrow...

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=675

abferguson

Back to top Go down

The  Delta Charter Demons.. Empty design your own...

Post  abferguson Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:51 pm

OK, this link lets you design your own cheerleader...the blue and orange looks really good...

http://designstudio.varsity.com/vsf.aspx

abferguson

Back to top Go down

Post  S. Lancaster Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 am

Thats good stuff ab ferg ..... I also like Delta Storm or Delta Thunder.. These names relate to strength and chaos with out being offensive..
S. Lancaster
S. Lancaster

Back to top Go down

Post  vinita Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:42 pm

how about the colors purple,black and white. or turquoise blue and black! just something different than all the other schools around. and i like the the demons and the diamondbacks,and the gators

vinita

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down